Student Payroll

Student Payroll Forms, Guides, and Tutorials

The School of the Art Institute of Chicago offers students a diverse experience while attending classes, including the opportunity for student employment. Many students work while enrolled at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) as a way to not only cover some of the costs of tuition and fees but to gain valuable experience in the workplace before graduating. Please note that job placement is not guaranteed. SAIC participates in the Federal Work-Study (FWS) need-based program and is committed to making jobs available to FWS eligible students during the fall and spring semesters.  Student employment jobs in the summer and winter terms do not require FWS and are available to all students. International students do not require FWS for any job in any semester.

2019-20 Student Employment Guide Cover page

  • Students must be enrolled in 6 credit hours during the fall and spring semesters to work. For the summer or winter terms you must be enrolled at least 3 credit hours, or if not enrolled during those terms, be enrolled in 6 credit hours before or after the term of employment.  Student jobs are not available to those who have not yet begun their degree program or those that have graduated from SAIC.
  • After a student has agreed to accept a student job (on campus or SAIC Internship), they will need to complete specific federal and institutional required documents such the federal I9 form, W-4 income tax forms, etc. by visiting Student Payroll located in the Student Financial Services office within 3 days of employment.  Unexpired identification documents as listed on the back of the I-9 form must be provided at that time (copies cannot be accepted).
  • The student must also accept the terms of their work contract known as a Work Authorization in SAIC Self-Service after their supervisor has completed their part of the Work Authorization.
  • Once beginning work, students must record their time as they work on ARTICtime, SAIC's electronic time and attendance system. Further information regarding ARTICtime is available on this website and related documents. The 19-20 Student Employmnet Guide will help answer many questions about student employment at SAIC.
  • Domestic () students must, in most cases, demonstrate need by applying for aid with the FAFSA application at  in order to be eligible for Federal Work-Study (FWS). FWS is required for most student employment jobs during the fall and spring semesters if you are a domestic student. FWS is not needed for any international student to accept a student employment job and is not needed during the summer and winter terms for any student, domestic or international.

Students seeking employment opportunities should contact the Career and Professional Experience (CAPX) office for assistance at 312.499.4130, by email at careers@saic.edu成人短视频 or stop by CAPX in the Lakeview Building in Suite 1400 at 116 South Michigan Avenue.

On-campus jobs posted on the On-Campus online jobs database. You can create your own profile and password directly within SAIC Launch. On-Campus job placement is not guaranteed.

All off-campus jobs are posted on SAIC Compass. Visit the CAPX成人短视频 site to learn more. 

It is recommended that students also directly contact SAIC offices and departments that are of interest to inquire about the availability of student employment jobs and learn more about their job application processes. A list of hiring departments is available in the annual Student Employment Guide.

成人短视频Students choosing to accept employment through the student employment program are required to familiarize and adhere to the guidelines and responsibilities outlined in the student's and supervisor's handbooks:​



成人短视频Direct Deposit is available to those students with saving or checking accounts. Direct Deposit offers students a more timely and efficient manner of electronically depositing their paycheck directly into their bank account and is greatly encouraged by SAIC. Students should enroll in Direct Deposit by completing the required bank information in Self-Service in the Employee Center.

Students that choose not to enroll in Direct Deposit will have paper checks issued on the scheduled payroll dates. Checks are made available in the Bursar's Office located in the Sharp Building, 37 South Wabash Avenue, suite 245. Checks that are not picked up by the student within 14 calendar days are mailed to the student's address as indicated in Self-Service.

成人短视频Students employed by the Art Institute are eligible to save on a tax-deferred basis by enrolling in the Art Institute's Tax Deferred Savings Program. Build your savings in a 403(b) while deferring payment of income taxes on contributions and investment earnings.

SAIC Tax-Deferred Savings Program

SAIC students, who hold regular full-time, part-time, special projects, temporary staff or faculty positions at SAIC or AIC, are not eligible for student employee positions. If a student applies for and receives a financial aid award package that includes student employment earning eligibility they will not qualify for this award if they are employed in a regular full-time, part-time, special projects, temporary staff or faculty position at SAIC or AIC while enrolled at SAIC. A student eligible for student employment, who applies for and is offered a regular full-time, part-time, special projects, temporary staff or faculty position, will not be able to work in a student employment position at SAIC, and have to discontinue their student employment if working as a student employee at the time they begin employment at SAIC or AIC as a regular full-time, part-time, special projects or temporary staff or faculty member.

成人短视频The only exception to this policy will be made for students who are staff or faculty members and who have a TA position. For these students who hold regular full-time, part-time, special projects, temporary staff or faculty positions at SAIC or AIC, their TA position will be paid as a temporary staff job through the staff employee payroll rather than the student employee payroll. In order to hire a person as a TA, a Position Requisition and Personnel Action form will need to be completed, including the appropriate signatures, and forwarded to Human Resources. For assistance with this process, please speak to the hiring department's Administrative Director.